Call Us 636-394-7676

Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance Information

Whether you own multiple rental properties or need to sublet your home for a year while you travel, we can help. Rental properties are important assets and as the owner, you'll want to be prepared when the unexpected happens. An agent with Redel Insurance can help you get the landlord coverage you need and the peace of mind you desire. 


Rent With Confidence in Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas

Landlord insurance is property and liability coverage that helps protect you as the owner from damages or injuries related to a rental property. The proper landlord policy will provide options from personal property to liability and medical coverage to accommodate special risks. To learn more about how Redel Insurance can protect your rental property, click here

Don't forget the discounts! Our agents are ready to discuss multi-policy and claims-free discounts available with a landlords policy. Redel Insurance Agency services the Ellisville, Ballwin, Chesterfield and surrounding areas in Missouri and Illinois, as well as the Marion and Baxter Counties in Arkansas. Call us today at 636-394-7676 or fill out an online quote below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is landlord insurance important? 
A landlord policy not only protects you as the homeowner from liability and property claims, but it also includes coverage for financial loss resulting from accidents, natural disasters, injuries and liability issues. It can help compensate for the lost income you would have had if you were collecting rent. 
Can landlords require their tenants to purchase renters insurance? 
There's no federal or state law requiring this, but as the landlord it is fully within your legal rights to require this as part of the rental agreement. Rental policies will cover the tenant's liability and personal property as well, so it's a good idea to ask for this extra coverage. For more information on rental insurance, click here
What's the difference between landlord and homeowners insurance? 
Landlord insurance typically covers all items used in a rental property, homeowners will only protect personal items of a landlord that are located in a rental property. The homeowners policy also only covers owner-occupied homes. If you start renting out to someone else, the coverage no longer applies. 
Does landlord insurance cover the renter's personal property?
No, landlord insurance does not insure the renter's personal property, which is why it's important to have your tenant purchase their own policy. The landlord insurance will only cover the homeowner's personal property in the residence. 

Landlord Insurance Quote Form

Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.

Landlord Insurance Quote Form